- 1. magenta, purplish red, purplish-red
- usage: a primary subtractive color for light; a dark purple-red color; the dye for magenta was discovered in 1859, the year of the battle of Magenta
- 2. Magenta, Battle of Magenta
- usage: a battle in 1859 in which the French and Sardinian forces under Napoleon III defeated the Austrians under Francis Joseph I
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. magenta, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of deep purplish red
All rights reserved.
See also: magenta (Dictionary)