WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. magnetic
- usage: of or relating to or caused by magnetism; "magnetic forces"
- 2. magnetic (vs. antimagnetic), magnetized, magnetised, attractable
- usage: having the properties of a magnet; i.e. of attracting iron or steel; "the hard disk is covered with a thin coat of magnetic material"
- 3. magnetic (vs. nonmagnetic)
- usage: capable of being magnetized
- 4. magnetic (vs. geographic)
- usage: determined by earth's magnetic fields; "magnetic north"; "the needle of a magnetic compass points to the magnetic north pole"
- 5. charismatic, magnetic, attractive (vs. unattractive)
- usage: possessing an extraordinary ability to attract; "a charismatic leader"; "a magnetic personality"
All rights reserved.
See also: magnetic (Dictionary)