WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mahogany, wood
- usage: wood of any of various mahogany trees; much used for cabinetwork and furniture
- 2. mahogany, mahogany tree, tree
- usage: any of various tropical timber trees of the family Meliaceae especially the genus Swietinia valued for their hard yellowish- to reddish-brown wood that is readily worked and takes a high polish
- 3. reddish brown, sepia, burnt sienna, Venetian red, mahogany, brown, brownness
- usage: a shade of brown with a tinge of red
All rights reserved.
See also: mahogany (Dictionary)