usage: detect with the senses; "The fleeing convicts were picked out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; "I can't make out the faces in this photograph"
2. write out, issue, make out, cut, write
usage: make out and issue; "write out a check"; "cut a ticket"; "Please make the check out to me"
3. make out, understand
usage: comprehend; "I cannot make out what this politician is saying"
4. do, fare, make out, come, get along, proceed, go
usage: proceed or get along; "How is she doing in her new job?"; "How are you making out in graduate school?"; "He's come a long way"
5. cope, get by, make out, make do, contend, grapple, deal, manage, act, move
usage: come to terms with; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
6. sleep together, roll in the hay, love, make out, make love, sleep with, get laid, have sex, know, do it, be intimate, have intercourse, have it away, have it off, screw, fuck, jazz, eff, hump, lie with, bed, have a go at it, bang, get it on, bonk, copulate, mate, pair, couple
usage: have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
7. neck, make out, pet
usage: kiss, embrace, or fondle with sexual passion; "The couple were necking in the back seat of the car"
8. complete, fill out, fill in, make out
usage: write all the required information onto a form; "fill out this questionnaire, please!"; "make out a form"
9. make out, suggest, intimate
usage: imply or suggest; "Your remarks make me out to be stupid"
10. make out, claim
usage: try to establish; "She made out that she know nothing about the crime"