WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mandarin, mandarin orange, mandarin orange tree, Citrus reticulata, citrus, citrus tree
- usage: shrub or small tree having flattened globose fruit with very sweet aromatic pulp and thin yellow-orange to flame-orange rind that is loose and easily removed; native to southeastern Asia
- 2. mandarin, elitist
- usage: a member of an elite intellectual or cultural group
- 3. mandarin, official, functionary
- usage: any high government official or bureaucrat
- 4. mandarin, Chinese
- usage: a high public official of imperial China
- 5. mandarin, mandarin orange, citrus, citrus fruit, citrous fruit
- usage: a somewhat flat reddish-orange loose skinned citrus of China
- 6. Mandarin, Mandarin Chinese, Mandarin dialect, Beijing dialect, Chinese
- usage: the dialect of Chinese spoken in Beijing and adopted as the official language for all of China
All rights reserved.
See also: mandarin (Dictionary)