- 1. mandate, authorization, authorisation, legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
- usage: a document giving an official instruction or command
- 2. mandate, mandatory, district, territory, territorial dominion, dominion
- usage: a territory surrendered by Turkey or Germany after World War I and put under the tutelage of some other European power until they are able to stand by themselves
- 3. mandate, commission, commissioning
- usage: the commission that is given to a government and its policies through an electoral victory
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mandate, delegate, designate, depute, assign
- usage: assign under a mandate; "mandate a colony"
- 2. mandate, order, prescribe, dictate
- usage: make mandatory; "the new director of the school board mandated regular tests"
- 3. mandate, delegate, designate, depute, assign
- usage: assign authority to
All rights reserved.
See also: mandate (Dictionary)