- 1. Marine, devil dog, leatherneck, shipboard soldier, serviceman, military man, man, military personnel
- usage: a member of the United States Marine Corps
- 2. marine, soldier
- usage: a soldier who serves both on shipboard and on land
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. marine
- usage: of or relating to the sea; "marine explorations"
- 2. nautical, maritime, marine
- usage: relating to or involving ships or shipping or navigation or seamen; "nautical charts"; "maritime law"; "marine insurance"
- 3. marine
- usage: of or relating to military personnel who serve both on land and at sea (specifically the U.S. Marine Corps); "marine barracks"
- 4. marine, deep-sea, oceangoing, seafaring, seagoing, oceanic, offshore, oversea, overseas, suboceanic, subocean
- usage: relating to or characteristic of or occurring on or in the sea
- 5. marine, aquatic (vs. terrestrial) (vs. amphibious)
- usage: native to or inhabiting the sea; "marine plants and animals such as seaweed and whales"
All rights reserved.
See also: marine (Dictionary)