Synonyms of mated
- 1. copulate, mate, pair, couple, join, conjoin
- usage: engage in sexual intercourse; "Birds mate in the Spring"
- 2. match, mate, couple, pair, twin, join, bring together
- usage: bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
- 3. checkmate, mate, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: place an opponent's king under an attack from which it cannot escape and thus ending the game; "Kasparov checkmated his opponent after only a few moves"
- 1. mated (vs. unmated), paired, married, matched
- usage: mated sexually
- 2. mated, paired, matched (vs. mismatched)
- usage: used of gloves, socks, etc.
- 3. mated, married (vs. unmarried)
- usage: of or relating to a marriage partner
All rights reserved.