WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pregnancy, gestation, maternity, physical condition, physiological state, physiological condition
- usage: the state of being pregnant; the period from conception to birth when a woman carries a developing fetus in her uterus
- 2. motherhood, maternity, kinship, family relationship, relationship
- usage: the kinship relation between an offspring and the mother
- 3. motherliness, maternalism, maternal quality, maternity, parental quality
- usage: the quality of having or showing the tenderness and warmth and affection of or befitting a mother; "the girl's motherliness made her invaluable in caring for the children"
All rights reserved.
See also: maternity (Dictionary)