WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mathematical
- usage: of or pertaining to or of the nature of mathematics; "a mathematical textbook"; "slide rules and other mathematical instruments"; "a mathematical solution to a problem"; "mathematical proof"
- 2. numerical (vs. verbal), mathematical
- usage: relating to or having ability to think in or work with numbers; "tests for rating numerical aptitude"; "a mathematical whiz"
- 3. mathematical, unquestionable (vs. questionable)
- usage: beyond question; "a mathematical certainty"
- 4. mathematical, possible (vs. impossible)
- usage: statistically possible though highly improbable; "have a mathematical chance of making the playoffs"
- 5. mathematical, exact (vs. inexact)
- usage: characterized by the exactness or precision of mathematics; "mathematical precision"
All rights reserved.
See also: mathematical (Dictionary)