Synonyms of matte
- 1. matte, mixture
- usage: a mixture of sulfides that forms when sulfide metal ores are smelted
- 2. flatness, lusterlessness, lustrelessness, mat, matt, matte, dullness
- usage: the property of having little or no contrast; lacking highlights or gloss
- 1. felt, felt up, mat up, matt-up, matte up, matte, mat, change
- usage: change texture so as to become matted and felt-like; "The fabric felted up after several washes"
- 1. flat, mat, matt, matte, matted, dull (vs. bright)
- usage: not reflecting light; not glossy; "flat wall paint"; "a photograph with a matte finish"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of matte (Dictionary)