Synonyms of matter
- 1. matter, affair, thing, concern
- usage: a vaguely specified concern; "several matters to attend to"; "it is none of your affair"; "things are going well"
- 2. topic, subject, issue, matter, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: some situation or event that is thought about; "he kept drifting off the topic"; "he had been thinking about the subject for several years"; "it is a matter for the police"
- 3. matter, physical entity
- usage: that which has mass and occupies space; "physicists study both the nature of matter and the forces which govern it"
- 4. matter, trouble, problem
- usage: a problem; "is anything the matter?"
- 5. matter, consequence, import, moment
- usage: (used with negation) having consequence; "they were friends and it was no matter who won the games"
- 6. matter, writing, written material, piece of writing
- usage: written works (especially in books or magazines); "he always took some reading matter with him on the plane"
- 1. count, matter, weigh, be
- usage: have weight; have import, carry weight; "It does not matter much"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of matter (Dictionary)