Synonyms of median
- 1. median, median value, average, norm
- usage: the value below which 50% of the cases fall
- 1. median(prenominal), average, normal (vs. abnormal)
- usage: relating to or constituting the middle value of an ordered set of values (or the average of the middle two in a set with an even number of values); "the median value of 17, 20, and 36 is 20"; "the median income for the year was $15,000"
- 2. medial, median, mesial (vs. distal)
- usage: dividing an animal into right and left halves
- 3. median, medial, central (vs. peripheral)
- usage: relating to or situated in or extending toward the middle
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of median (Dictionary)