- 1. medicine, medical specialty, medical science
- usage: the branches of medical science that deal with nonsurgical techniques
- 2. medicine, medication, medicament, medicinal drug, drug
- usage: (medicine) something that treats or prevents or alleviates the symptoms of disease
- 3. medicine, practice of medicine, learned profession
- usage: the learned profession that is mastered by graduate training in a medical school and that is devoted to preventing or alleviating or curing diseases and injuries; "he studied medicine at Harvard"
- 4. music, medicine, punishment, penalty, penalization, penalisation
- usage: punishment for one's actions; "you have to face the music"; "take your medicine"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. medicate, medicine, treat, care for
- usage: treat medicinally, treat with medicine
All rights reserved.
See also: medicine (Dictionary)