WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. medieval, mediaeval
- usage: relating to or belonging to the Middle Ages; "Medieval scholars"; "Medieval times"
- 2. medieval, mediaeval, gothic, nonmodern (vs. modern)
- usage: as if belonging to the Middle Ages; old-fashioned and unenlightened; "a medieval attitude toward dating"
- 3. chivalric, knightly, medieval, past (vs. present) (vs. future)
- usage: characteristic of the time of chivalry and knighthood in the Middle Ages; "chivalric rites"; "the knightly years"
All rights reserved.
See also: medieval (Dictionary)