WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. memory, representation, mental representation, internal representation
- usage: something that is remembered; "search as he would, the memory was lost"
- 2. memory, remembering, basic cognitive process
- usage: the cognitive processes whereby past experience is remembered; "he can do it from memory"; "he enjoyed remembering his father"
- 3. memory, retention, retentiveness, retentivity, faculty, mental faculty, module
- usage: the power of retaining and recalling past experience; "he had a good memory when he was younger"
- 4. memory, computer memory, storage, computer storage, store, memory board, memory device, storage device, hardware, computer hardware
- usage: an electronic memory device; "a memory and the CPU form the central part of a computer to which peripherals are attached"
- 5. memory, cognitive psychology
- usage: the area of cognitive psychology that studies memory processes; "he taught a graduate course on learning and memory"
All rights reserved.
See also: memory (Dictionary)