- 1. mend, patch, darn, sewing, stitchery
- usage: sewing that repairs a worn or torn hole (especially in a garment); "her stockings had several mends"
- 2. repair, fix, fixing, fixture, mend, mending, reparation, improvement
- usage: the act of putting something in working order again
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- 2. mend, heal, better, improve, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: heal or recover; "My broken leg is mending"
All rights reserved.
See also: mend (Dictionary)