- 1. metallic element, metal, chemical element, element
- usage: any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
- 2. alloy, metal, mixture
- usage: a mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten; "brass is an alloy of zinc and copper"
- 1. metal, coat, surface
- usage: cover with metal
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. metallic (vs. nonmetallic), metal(prenominal), all-metal, aluminiferous, antimonial, argentiferous, auriferous, gold-bearing, bimetal, bimetallic, bronze, gold, golden, gilded, metallike, metal-looking, metallic-looking, silver, tinny
- usage: containing or made of or resembling or characteristic of a metal; "a metallic compound"; "metallic luster"; "the strange metallic note of the meadow lark, suggesting the clash of vibrant blades"- Ambrose Bierce
All rights reserved.
See also: metal (Dictionary)