- 1. meter, metre, m, metric linear unit
- usage: the basic unit of length adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites (approximately 1.094 yards)
- 2. meter, measuring instrument, measuring system, measuring device
- usage: any of various measuring instruments for measuring a quantity
- 3. meter, metre, measure, beat, cadence, poetic rhythm, rhythmic pattern, prosody
- usage: (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
- 4. meter, metre, time, rhythmicity
- usage: rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. meter, quantify, measure
- usage: measure with a meter; "meter the flow of water"
- 2. meter, stamp
- usage: stamp with a meter indicating the postage; "meter the mail"
All rights reserved.
See also: meter (Dictionary)