- 1. meow, mew, miaou, miaow, miaul, cry
- usage: the sound made by a cat (or any sound resembling this)
- 2. mew, mew gull, sea mew, Larus canus, gull, seagull, sea gull
- usage: the common gull of Eurasia and northeastern North America
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. meow, mew, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: cry like a cat; "the cat meowed"
- 2. mew, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter a high-pitched cry, as of seagulls
All rights reserved.
See also: mew (Dictionary)