- 1. middling, commodity, trade good, good
- usage: any commodity of intermediate quality or size (especially when coarse particles of ground wheat are mixed with bran)
- 1. middle, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put in the middle
- 1. average, fair, mediocre, middling, ordinary (vs. extraordinary)
- usage: lacking exceptional quality or ability; "a novel of average merit"; "only a fair performance of the sonata"; "in fair health"; "the caliber of the students has gone from mediocre to above average"; "the performance was middling at best"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. reasonably, moderately, pretty, jolly, somewhat, fairly, middling, passably
- usage: to a moderately sufficient extent or degree; "pretty big"; "pretty bad"; "jolly decent of him"; "the shoes are priced reasonably"; "he is fairly clever with computers"
All rights reserved.
See also: middling (Dictionary)