- 1. military, armed forces, armed services, military machine, war machine, force, personnel
- usage: the military forces of a nation; "their military is the largest in the region"; "the military machine is the same one we faced in 1991 but now it is weaker"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. military
- usage: of or relating to the study of the principles of warfare; "military law"
- 2. military (vs. unmilitary), militaristic, soldierly, soldierlike, warriorlike, martial, warlike, martial
- usage: characteristic of or associated with soldiers or the military; "military uniforms"
- 3. military (vs. civilian), expeditionary, martial(prenominal), combatant, noncombatant
- usage: associated with or performed by members of the armed services as contrasted with civilians; "military police"
All rights reserved.
See also: military (Dictionary)