- 1. factory, mill, manufacturing plant, manufactory, plant, works, industrial plant
- usage: a plant consisting of one or more buildings with facilities for manufacturing
- 2. Mill, James Mill
- usage: Scottish philosopher who expounded Bentham's utilitarianism; father of John Stuart Mill (1773-1836)
- 3. Mill, John Mill, John Stuart Mill
- usage: English philosopher and economist remembered for his interpretations of empiricism and utilitarianism (1806-1873)
- 4. mill, grinder, milling machinery, machinery
- usage: machinery that processes materials by grinding or crushing
- 5. grind, mill, pulverization, pulverisation, crush, crunch, compaction
- usage: the act of grinding to a powder or dust
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mill, mill about, mill around, move
- usage: move about in a confused manner
- 2. mill, grind, mash, crunch, bray, comminute
- usage: grind with a mill; "mill grain"
- 3. mill, groove
- usage: produce a ridge around the edge of; "mill a coin"
- 4. mill, roll out, roll
- usage: roll out (metal) with a rolling machine
All rights reserved.
See also: mill (Dictionary)