- 1. minimum, lower limit, extremum, peak, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: the smallest possible quantity
- 2. minimum, limit
- usage: the point on a curve where the tangent changes from negative on the left to positive on the right
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. minimal (vs. maximal), minimum (vs. maximum), borderline, marginal, negligible, nominal, token(prenominal), tokenish, stripped, stripped-down
- usage: the least possible; "needed to enforce minimal standards"; "her grades were minimal"; "minimum wage"; "a minimal charge for the service"
All rights reserved.
See also: minimum (Dictionary)