- 1. girl, miss, missy, young lady, young woman, fille, woman, adult female
- usage: a young woman; "a young lady of 18"
- 2. miss, misfire, failure
- usage: a failure to hit (or meet or find etc)
- 3. Miss, title, title of respect, form of address
- usage: a form of address for an unmarried woman
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. miss, lose
- usage: fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind; "I missed that remark"; "She missed his point"; "We lost part of what he said"
- 2. miss, desire, want
- usage: feel or suffer from the lack of; "He misses his mother"
- 3. miss, fail, neglect
- usage: fail to attend an event or activity; "I missed the concert"; "He missed school for a week"
- 4. neglect, pretermit, omit, drop, miss, leave out, overlook, overleap
- usage: leave undone or leave out; "How could I miss that typo?"; "The workers on the conveyor belt miss one out of ten"
- 5. miss, fail, go wrong, miscarry
- usage: fail to reach or get to; "She missed her train"
- 6. miss, lack
- usage: be without; "This soup lacks salt"; "There is something missing in my jewelry box!"
- 7. miss
- usage: fail to reach; "The arrow missed the target"
- 8. miss
- usage: be absent; "The child had been missing for a week"
- 9. miss, escape, avoid
- usage: fail to experience; "Fortunately, I missed the hurricane"
All rights reserved.
See also: miss (Dictionary)