- 1. mistake, error, fault, nonaccomplishment, nonachievement
- usage: a wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention; "he made a bad mistake"; "she was quick to point out my errors"; "I could understand his English in spite of his grammatical faults"
- 2. mistake, misunderstanding, misapprehension, misconception
- usage: an understanding of something that is not correct; "he wasn't going to admit his mistake"; "make no mistake about his intentions"; "there must be some misunderstanding--I don't have a sister"
- 3. error, mistake, misstatement
- usage: part of a statement that is not correct; "the book was full of errors"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mistake, misidentify, identify
- usage: identify incorrectly; "Don't mistake her for her twin sister"
- 2. err, mistake, slip
- usage: to make a mistake or be incorrect
All rights reserved.
See also: mistake (Dictionary)