WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mixture, substance
- usage: (chemistry) a substance consisting of two or more substances mixed together (not in fixed proportions and not with chemical bonding)
- 2. concoction, mixture, intermixture, foodstuff, food product
- usage: any foodstuff made by combining different ingredients; "he volunteered to taste her latest concoction"; "he drank a mixture of beer and lemonade"
- 3. assortment, mixture, mixed bag, miscellany, miscellanea, variety, salmagundi, smorgasbord, potpourri, motley, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: a collection containing a variety of sorts of things; "a great assortment of cars was on display"; "he had a variety of disorders"; "a veritable smorgasbord of religions"
- 4. mix, mixture, combining, combine
- usage: an event that combines things in a mixture; "a gradual mixture of cultures"
- 5. mix, commixture, admixture, mixture, intermixture, mixing, combination, combining, compounding
- usage: the act of mixing together; "paste made by a mix of flour and water"; "the mixing of sound channels in the recording studio"
All rights reserved.
See also: mixture (Dictionary)