WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. manner, mode, style, way, fashion, property
- usage: how something is done or how it happens; "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
- 2. mode, condition, status
- usage: a particular functioning condition or arrangement; "switched from keyboard to voice mode"
- 3. modality, mode, logical relation
- usage: a classification of propositions on the basis of whether they claim necessity or possibility or impossibility
- 4. mood, mode, modality, grammatical relation
- usage: verb inflections that express how the action or state is conceived by the speaker
- 5. mode, musical mode, diatonic scale
- usage: any of various fixed orders of the various diatonic notes within an octave
- 6. mode, modal value, average, norm
- usage: the most frequent value of a random variable
All rights reserved.
See also: mode (Dictionary)