WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. monkfish, saltwater fish
- usage: flesh of a large-headed anglerfish of the Atlantic waters of North America
- 2. goosefish, angler, anglerfish, angler fish, monkfish, lotte, allmouth, Lophius Americanus, spiny-finned fish, acanthopterygian
- usage: fishes having large mouths with a wormlike filament attached for luring prey
- 3. angel shark, angelfish, Squatina squatina, monkfish, shark
- usage: sharks with broad flat bodies and winglike pectoral fins but that swim the way sharks do
All rights reserved.
See also: monkfish (Dictionary)