Synonyms of mop up
- 1. completion, culmination, closing, windup, mop up, termination, ending, conclusion
- usage: a concluding action
- 1. wipe up, mop up, mop, absorb, suck, imbibe, soak up, sop up, suck up, draw, take in, take up
- usage: to wash or wipe with or as if with a mop; "Mop the hallway now"; "He mopped her forehead with a towel"
- 2. worst, pip, mop up, whip, rack up, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: defeat thoroughly; "He mopped up the floor with his opponents"
- 3. get through, wrap up, finish off, mop up, polish off, clear up, finish up, complete, finish
- usage: finish a task completely; "I finally got through this homework assignment"
All rights reserved.