- 1. moral, lesson, meaning, significance, signification, import
- usage: the significance of a story or event; "the moral of the story is to love thy neighbor"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. moral (vs. immoral), chaste, clean, clean-living, moralistic, righteous, incorrupt, chaste, good, honorable#2, honourable, righteous, virtuous
- usage: concerned with principles of right and wrong or conforming to standards of behavior and character based on those principles; "moral sense"; "a moral scrutiny"; "a moral lesson"; "a moral quandary"; "moral convictions"; "a moral life"
- 2. moral, mental (vs. physical)
- usage: psychological rather than physical or tangible in effect; "a moral victory"; "moral support"
All rights reserved.
See also: moral (Dictionary)