Synonyms of more
- 1. More, Thomas More, Sir Thomas More
- usage: English statesman who opposed Henry VIII's divorce from Catherine of Aragon and was imprisoned and beheaded; recalled for his concept of Utopia, the ideal state
- 1. more(prenominal) (vs. less), more than, much
- usage: (comparative of `much' used with mass nouns) a quantifier meaning greater in size or amount or extent or degree; "more land"; "more support"; "more rain fell"; "more than a gallon"
- 2. more(prenominal) (vs. fewer), many, more#1, more than
- usage: (comparative of `many' used with count nouns) quantifier meaning greater in number; "a hall with more seats"; "we have no more bananas"; "more than one"
- 1. more, to a greater extent
- usage: used to form the comparative of some adjectives and adverbs; "more interesting"; "more beautiful"; "more quickly"
- 2. more
- usage: comparative of much; to a greater degree or extent; "he works more now"; "they eat more than they should"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of more (Dictionary)