WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Morgan, Lewis Henry Morgan
- usage: United States anthropologist who studied the Seneca (1818-1881)
- 2. Morgan, Thomas Hunt Morgan
- usage: United States biologist who formulated the chromosome theory of heredity (1866-1945)
- 3. Morgan, Henry Morgan, Sir Henry Morgan
- usage: a Welsh buccaneer who raided Spanish colonies in the West Indies for the English (1635-1688)
- 4. Morgan, Daniel Morgan
- usage: soldier in the American Revolution who defeated the British in the battle of Cowpens, South Carolina (1736-1802)
- 5. Morgan, J. P. Morgan, John Pierpont Morgan
- usage: United States financier and philanthropist (1837-1913)
- 6. Morgan, saddle horse, riding horse, mount
- usage: an American breed of small compact saddle horses
All rights reserved.
See also: morgan (Dictionary)