WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. morning, morn, morning time, forenoon, time period, period of time, period
- usage: the time period between dawn and noon; "I spent the morning running errands"
- 2. good morning, morning, greeting, salutation, farewell, word of farewell
- usage: a conventional expression of greeting or farewell
- 3. dawn, dawning, morning, aurora, first light, daybreak, break of day, break of the day, dayspring, sunrise, sunup, cockcrow, hour, time of day
- usage: the first light of day; "we got up before dawn"; "they talked until morning"
- 4. dawn, morning, start
- usage: the earliest period; "the dawn of civilization"; "the morning of the world"
All rights reserved.
See also: morning (Dictionary)