- 1. mortar, howitzer, trench mortar, high-angle gun
- usage: a muzzle-loading high-angle gun with a short barrel that fires shells at high elevations for a short range
- 2. mortar, building material
- usage: used as a bond in masonry or for covering a wall
- 3. mortar, vessel
- usage: a bowl-shaped vessel in which substances can be ground and mixed with a pestle
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mortar, plaster, daub
- usage: plaster with mortar; "mortar the wall"
All rights reserved.
See also: mortar (Dictionary)