WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. motif, motive, design, pattern, figure
- usage: a design or figure that consists of recurring shapes or colors, as in architecture or decoration
- 2. motif, motive, theme, melodic theme, musical theme, idea
- usage: a theme that is repeated or elaborated in a piece of music
- 3. theme, motif, idea, thought
- usage: a unifying idea that is a recurrent element in literary or artistic work; "it was the usual `boy gets girl' theme"
All rights reserved.
See also: motif (Dictionary)