- 1. motor, machine
- usage: machine that converts other forms of energy into mechanical energy and so imparts motion
- 2. motor, agent
- usage: a nonspecific agent that imparts motion; "happiness is the aim of all men and the motor of all action"
- 1. drive, motor, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: travel or be transported in a vehicle; "We drove to the university every morning"; "They motored to London for the theater"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. centrifugal, motor(prenominal), efferent (vs. afferent), motorial
- usage: conveying information to the muscles from the CNS; "motor nerves"
- 2. motive(prenominal), motor, causative (vs. noncausative)
- usage: causing or able to cause motion; "a motive force"; "motive power"; "motor energy"
All rights reserved.
See also: motor (Dictionary)