- 1. mouse, rodent, gnawer
- usage: any of numerous small rodents typically resembling diminutive rats having pointed snouts and small ears on elongated bodies with slender usually hairless tails
- 2. shiner, black eye, mouse, bruise, contusion
- usage: a swollen bruise caused by a blow to the eye
- 3. mouse, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: person who is quiet or timid
- 4. mouse, computer mouse, electronic device
- usage: a hand-operated electronic device that controls the coordinates of a cursor on your computer screen as you move it around on a pad; on the bottom of the device is a ball that rolls on the surface of the pad; "a mouse takes much more room than a trackball"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sneak, mouse, creep, pussyfoot, walk
- usage: to go stealthily or furtively; "..stead of sneaking around spying on the neighbor's house"
- 2. mouse, manipulate
- usage: manipulate the mouse of a computer
All rights reserved.
See also: mouse (Dictionary)