WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mouthpiece, aperture
- usage: a part that goes over or into the mouth of a person; "the mouthpiece of a respirator"
- 2. mouthpiece, acoustic device
- usage: an acoustic device; the part of a telephone into which a person speaks
- 3. mouthpiece, mouth, spokesperson, interpreter, representative, voice
- usage: a spokesperson (as a lawyer)
- 4. mouthpiece, gumshield, sports equipment
- usage: (especially boxing) equipment that protects an athlete's mouth
- 5. mouthpiece, tube, tubing
- usage: the tube of a pipe or cigarette holder that a smoker holds in the mouth
- 6. mouthpiece, embouchure, aperture
- usage: the aperture of a wind instrument into which the player blows directly
All rights reserved.
See also: mouthpiece (Dictionary)