- 1. much, large indefinite quantity, large indefinite amount
- usage: a great amount or extent; "they did much for humanity"
- 1. much(prenominal) (vs. little), overmuch, some(prenominal), such(prenominal), untold, more#1, more than
- usage: (quantifier used with mass nouns) great in quantity or degree or extent; "not much rain"; "much affection"; "much grain is in storage"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. much
- usage: to a great degree or extent; "she's much better now"
- 2. much
- usage: very; "he was much annoyed"
- 3. a lot, lots, a good deal, a great deal, much, very much
- usage: to a very great degree or extent; "I feel a lot better"; "we enjoyed ourselves very much"; "she was very much interested"; "this would help a great deal"
- 4. much, practically
- usage: (degree adverb used before a noun phrase) for all practical purposes but not completely; "much the same thing happened every time"; "practically everything in Hinduism is the manifestation of a god"
- 5. much, a great deal, often
- usage: frequently or in great quantities; "I don't drink much"; "I don't travel much"
All rights reserved.
See also: much (Dictionary)