- 1. fine, mulct, amercement, penalty
- usage: money extracted as a penalty
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. victimize, swindle, rook, goldbrick, nobble, diddle, bunco, defraud, scam, mulct, gyp, gip, hornswoggle, short-change, con, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"
- 2. mulct, levy, impose
- usage: impose a fine on; "he was fined for littering"
All rights reserved.
See also: mulct (Dictionary)