WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. everyday, mundane, quotidian, routine, unremarkable, workaday, ordinary (vs. extraordinary)
- usage: found in the ordinary course of events; "a placid everyday scene"; "it was a routine day"; "there's nothing quite like a real...train conductor to add color to a quotidian commute"- Anita Diamant
- 2. mundane, terrestrial, worldly (vs. unworldly), secular, temporal
- usage: concerned with the world or worldly matters; "mundane affairs"; "he developed an immense terrestrial practicality"
- 3. mundane, terrene, earthly (vs. heavenly)
- usage: belonging to this earth or world; not ideal or heavenly; "not a fairy palace; yet a mundane wonder of unimagined kind"; "so terrene a being as himself"
All rights reserved.
See also: mundane (Dictionary)