- 1. muscle, musculus, contractile organ, contractor
- usage: one of the contractile organs of the body
- 2. muscle, muscular tissue, animal tissue
- usage: animal tissue consisting predominantly of contractile cells
- 3. muscleman, muscle, bully, tough, hooligan, ruffian, roughneck, rowdy, yob, yobo, yobbo
- usage: a bully employed as a thug or bodyguard; "the drug lord had his muscleman to protect him"
- 4. muscle, authority, authorization, authorisation, potency, dominance, say-so
- usage: authority or power or force (especially when used in a coercive way); "the senators used their muscle to get the party leader to resign"
- 5. brawn, brawniness, muscle, muscularity, sinew, heftiness, strength
- usage: possessing muscular strength
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. muscle, pass, go through, go across
- usage: make one's way by force; "He muscled his way into the office"
All rights reserved.
See also: muscle (Dictionary)