- 1. Muse, Greek deity
- usage: in ancient Greek mythology any of 9 daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne; protector of an art or science
- 2. muse, source, seed, germ
- usage: the source of an artist's inspiration; "Euterpe was his muse"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chew over, think over, meditate, ponder, excogitate, contemplate, muse, reflect, mull, mull over, ruminate, speculate, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: reflect deeply on a subject; "I mulled over the events of the afternoon"; "philosophers have speculated on the question of God for thousands of years"; "The scientist must stop to observe and start to excogitate"
All rights reserved.
See also: muse (Dictionary)