Synonyms of naive
- 1. naive (vs. sophisticated), naif, childlike, wide-eyed, round-eyed, dewy-eyed, simple, credulous, fleeceable, green, gullible, innocent, ingenuous, simple-minded, unsophisticated, unworldly, credulous, uninformed, unworldly
- usage: marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience; "a teenager's naive ignorance of life"; "the naive assumption that things can only get better"; "this naive simple creature with wide friendly eyes so eager to believe appearances"
- 2. primitive, naive, untrained (vs. trained)
- usage: of or created by one without formal training; simple or naive in style; "primitive art such as that by Grandma Moses is often colorful and striking"
- 3. naive, unconditioned (vs. conditioned), innate, unlearned
- usage: inexperienced
- 4. uninstructed, unenlightened, naive, uninformed (vs. informed)
- usage: lacking information or instruction; "lamentably unenlightened as to the laws"
- 5. uninitiate, uninitiated, naive, inexperienced (vs. experienced), inexperient
- usage: not initiated; deficient in relevant experience; "it seemed a bizarre ceremony to uninitiated western eyes"; "he took part in the experiment as a naive subject"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of naive (Dictionary)