Synonyms of narrow
- 1. narrow, strait, sound
- usage: a narrow strait connecting two bodies of water
- 1. narrow, contract, change
- usage: make or become more narrow or restricted; "The selection was narrowed"; "The road narrowed"
- 2. pin down, peg down, nail down, narrow down, narrow, specify, determine
- usage: define clearly; "I cannot narrow down the rules for this game"
- 3. specialize, specialise, narrow, narrow down, change, alter, vary
- usage: become more focus on an area of activity or field of study; "She specializes in Near Eastern history"
- 4. constrict, constringe, narrow, tighten
- usage: become tight or as if tight; "Her throat constricted"
- 1. narrow (vs. wide), constricting, constrictive, narrowing, narrowed, narrow-mouthed, slender, thin, strait, straplike, tapered, tapering, narrowing, limited, narrow-minded#2, narrow, thin
- usage: not wide; "a narrow bridge"; "a narrow line across the page"
- 2. narrow, limited (vs. unlimited)
- usage: limited in size or scope; "the narrow sense of a word"
- 3. narrow-minded (vs. broad-minded), narrow, close-minded, closed-minded, dogmatic, dogmatical, illiberal, intolerant, opinionated, opinionative, self-opinionated, petty, small-minded, narrow
- usage: lacking tolerance or flexibility or breadth of view; "a brilliant but narrow-minded judge"; "narrow opinions"
- 4. narrow (vs. wide), bare(prenominal), marginal
- usage: very limited in degree; "won by a narrow margin"; "a narrow escape"
- 5. minute, narrow, careful (vs. careless)
- usage: characterized by painstaking care and detailed examination; "a minute inspection of the grounds"; "a narrow scrutiny"; "an exact and minute report"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of narrow (Dictionary)