Synonyms of negate
- 1. contradict, belie, negate, deviate, vary, diverge, depart
- usage: be in contradiction with
- 2. contradict, negate, contravene, disagree, differ, dissent, take issue
- usage: deny the truth of
- 3. negate, contradict, prove, demonstrate, establish, show, shew
- usage: prove negative; show to be false
- 4. neutralize, neutralise, nullify, negate, weaken
- usage: make ineffective by counterbalancing the effect of; "Her optimism neutralizes his gloom"; "This action will negate the effect of my efforts"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of negate (Dictionary)