Synonyms of neighborhood
- 1. vicinity, locality, neighborhood, neighbourhood, neck of the woods, section
- usage: a surrounding or nearby region; "the plane crashed in the vicinity of Asheville"; "it is a rugged locality"; "he always blames someone else in the immediate neighborhood"; "I will drop in on you the next time I am in this neck of the woods"
- 2. neighborhood, neighbourhood, community
- usage: people living near one another; "it is a friendly neighborhood"; "my neighborhood voted for Bush"
- 3. region, neighborhood, indefinite quantity
- usage: the approximate amount of something (usually used prepositionally as in `in the region of'); "it was going to take in the region of two or three months to finish the job"; "the price is in the neighborhood of $100"
- 4. neighborhood, area, country
- usage: an area within a city or town that has some distinctive features (especially one forming a community); "an ethnic neighborhood"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of neighborhood (Dictionary)