Synonyms of net
- 1. internet, net, cyberspace, computer network
- usage: a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange
- 2. net, trap
- usage: a trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insects
- 3. net income, net, net profit, lucre, profit, profits, earnings, income
- usage: the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses)
- 4. net, goal
- usage: a goal lined with netting (as in soccer or hockey)
- 5. net, game equipment
- usage: game equipment consisting of a strip of netting dividing the playing area in tennis or badminton
- 6. net, network, mesh, meshing, meshwork, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: an open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
- 1. net, sack, sack up, clear, profit, gain, benefit
- usage: make as a net profit; "The company cleared $1 million"
- 2. net, clear, yield, pay, bear
- usage: yield as a net profit; "This sale netted me $1 million"
- 3. web, net, weave, tissue
- usage: construct or form a web, as if by weaving
- 4. net, nett, catch, grab, take hold of
- usage: catch with a net; "net a fish"
- 1. net (vs. gross), nett, clear, take-home
- usage: remaining after all deductions; "net profit"
- 2. final, last, net, ultimate (vs. proximate)
- usage: conclusive in a process or progression; "the final answer"; "a last resort"; "the net result"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of net (Dictionary)