Synonyms of nip
- 1. nip, shot, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: a small drink of liquor; "he poured a shot of whiskey"
- 2. Jap, Nip, Japanese, Nipponese
- usage: (offensive slang) offensive term for a person of Japanese descent
- 3. relish, flavor, flavour, sapidity, savor, savour, smack, nip, tang, taste, taste sensation, gustatory sensation, taste perception, gustatory perception
- usage: the taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth
- 4. chilliness, coolness, nip, coldness, cold, low temperature, frigidity, frigidness
- usage: the property of being moderately cold; "the chilliness of early morning"
- 5. nip, piquance, piquancy, piquantness, tang, tanginess, zest, spiciness, spice, spicery
- usage: a tart spicy quality
- 6. nip, pinch, bite, chomp, clip, clipping, snip
- usage: a small sharp bite or snip
- 1. pinch, squeeze, twinge, tweet, nip, twitch, grip
- usage: squeeze tightly between the fingers; "He pinched her behind"; "She squeezed the bottle"
- 2. nip, bite, seize with teeth
- usage: give a small sharp bite to; "The Queen's corgis always nip at her staff's ankles"
- 3. nip, nip off, clip, snip, snip off, cut
- usage: sever or remove by pinching or snipping; "nip off the flowers"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of nip (Dictionary)